Programmatically adding json-ld schematic markup
Google Search uses structured data to enable special search result features and enhancements. Use this Google tool to help you build & verify json-ld schema markup. Go here in order to see an example of “Local Business” json-ld markup which I use on this site to help boost my local SERP.
- These are the steps for getting your business started on “GMB” or Google My Business:
- #1 Set up a new Google Account
- #2 Head to google.com/business
- #3 Enter your business name
- #4 Enter the address of the business location
- #5 Specify service areas (Service Area Businesses only)
- #6 Choose your business category
- #7 Add a contact phone number and website URL
- #8 Complete your Google My Business Verification
(google will send you a postcard, to the address you gave them,
with a code to enter, which will verify the local business)
I wrote a plugin (object orientated) for WordPress which programmatically adds json-ld to my website, it’s configured via an admin menu page and stores the data in the database, it then renders the markup on the web pages. You can get it here But be aware this is not an officially sanctioned WordPress plugin!